Summary of the 17 May 2023 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Sima Vetter, Lyude Paul, Emma Anholt, Alyssa Rosenzweig, Ricardo Garcia, Christopher Michael, Arkadiusz Hiler

Guests: Trevor Woerner

Absent: Mark Filion


Agenda: XDC2022/XDC2023, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, SFC, rebranding, matrix

Items discussed

ITEM: XDC2022/XDC2023
No updates here, Roberto to talk to Samuel sometime soon to take over responsibility
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC
Approved EVoC project for one student, discussion around having a member of the
board dedicated to handling GSoC/EVoC interactions so that we can make sure
that we're continuing to be active here.
STATUS: Pending

Alyssa mentioned that we should reeive an email sometime next week to schedule
a meeting with SFC to begin the transition
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Rebranding
The change to the by-laws failed the vote. It's important to note here that the result wasn't a case of people voting no, but a direct result of the by-law we were trying to change which would have made member votes dependent on the results amongst members who actively voted (right now, members who did not vote yes or no are taken into account). So, we're now looking into some alternative ways in order to accomplish re-branding without changing the name of the foundation itself for the time being
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Matrix
No updates here yet
STATUS: Pending Done

ITEM: New board positions
ACTIONS: We will be voting on these next week to give new board members time to ask questions. But also, welcome to our new board members!
STATUS: Pending