Summary of the 17 March 2022 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Manasi Navare, Mark Filion, Keith Packard, Emma Anholt,

Guests: Trevor Woerner

Absent: Harry Wentland,


Agenda: MIPI Alliance and CSI, election season, treasurer report 2021, finding more sysadmins, new parent foundation, GSoC, XDC2022, XDC2022 sponsors

Items discussed

ITEM: MIPI Alliance and CSI
No updates here
ACTIONS: Lyude to find time to do this
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: New parent foundation
No updates
ACTIONS: Lyude to start search after elections
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Finding more sysadmins
While we're not in any immediate danger, there's definitely less time
availability across our sysadmins in general. So we need to try to find
additional volunteers to bring onto the team
ACTIONS: Lyude to make announcements as needed about this after elections (to
prevent us from putting too much noise on the related mailing lists)
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2022 sponsors
Sponsor box on website is now ready
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Treasurer report 2021
At long last, we have 2021 data from SPI now
ACTIONS: Emma to start coming up with treasurer report
STATUS: Pending

Samuelig Will be talking to organizers to prepare the CFP announcement for April
STATUS: Pending

Potential students start applying April 4th
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Elections season
We now have enough nominations to proceed with an election, so no need for
timeline extension - the election can continue on schedule now. Candidates will
be announced March 28th, member is March 31st and the current nomination period
ends on March 20th.
ACTIONS: Lyude to gather statements from current candidates
STATUS: Pending