Summary of the 03 June 2021 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Manasi Navare, Mark Filion, Keith Packard, Emma Anholt, Harry Wentland,




Agenda: domain status, requesting ledger data, XDC2021 invoices status...?, XDC2021, XDC2022, XDC2022 sponsors, HDMI 2.1, EVoC, sharing of non-redistributable game traces within members, equinox meeting, Gitlab sponsorship collaboration, article for LPI

Items discussed

Lyude still hasn't had the time to actually write out an email for this,
hopefully will in the next week or so.
ACTIONS: Lyude will try to send out an email about this asking for volunteers in
a week or two.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Requesting ledger data
No updates from SPI yet
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2021 invoices status
Manasi sent out invoice requests to SPI, invoices sent to Igalia and Collabora
as well. Igalia has already paid and is awaiting confirmation from Martin (from
ACTIONS: Manasi to keep poking as appropriate
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: domain status
Dan got the list of relevant domains, but they haven't figured out what to do
with it yet due to lack of time
STATUS: Pending Done

No updates
ACTIONS: Samuel will be sending CfP reminders next week
STATUS: Pending

No updates
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2022 sponsors
No updates
ACTIONS: Daniel will be sending out sponsor pokes/invoices asap now that all of
the pending invoices from Manasi have been taken care of.
STATUS: Pending

No updates, Harry's going to wait a bit to give the HDMI board some time to
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Sharing of non-redistributable game traces within members
Unfortunately it seems that Emma is thinking of dropping this attempt and trying
to make it so that individual driver teams can opt into doing nonredistributable
trace testing and their core devs would end up having to debug issues with
nonredistributable traces.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Equinox meeting
Mark hasn't had the chance to write an email yet, but will in the next 3 weeks.
ACTIONS: Now that Benjamin has emailed Equinox, Mark is going to email them back
just to say hello and that we're working on giving them more visibility, and
that if they need anything to get in touch with them.

ITEM: Article for LPI
Andy Oram from LPI said that they were asked to write an email on the X Window
System. The audience is for students or other people in free software, but is
lacking in much technical background.
ACTIONS: Keith Packard will try to review this, and we may enlist help from the list if there's any missing pieces
STATUS: Pending