Summary of the 25 March 2021 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Manasi Navare, Mark Filion, Keith Packard, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland,




Agenda: domain status, requesting ledger data, XDC2020 invoices status, Cloud hosting for, XDC2021, XDC2021 sponsors, XDC2022, HDMI 2.1, elections, mailing list DKIM compliance, changing default branch name on Gitlab

Items discussed

ITEM: domain status
Keith hasn't had the time to send any emails to poke SPI about this
ACTIONS: Lyude will try getting in contact with SPI next week
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Requesting ledger data
Things have gone cold again, no updates yet.
ACTIONS: Lyude will poke SPI about this again today
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2020 invoices status
Intel still pending, Manasi was able to get some info on why though - it turns
out the expense hadn't been labeled internally by Intel as being for XDC
sponsorship correctly. Manasi was able to get PO approval from their direct
manager so the invoice payment should be finished up shortly
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Cloud hosting for
GSE -> Packet migration completed successfully, which should save us around
$30/day. Thanks FDO admins!

mupuf together with sysadmins have been working on details of
the website. In his words, they are pretty close to putting it online. Once we
have it, we will contact organizers to start filling it, write the CFP
announcement draft and start the thing for real.
STATUS: Pending

No new updates
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2021 sponsors
Daniel hasn't had the time to poke around more, but is hoping to be able to get
to it the week after next.
ACTIONS: Daniel to poke potential sponsors
STATUS: Pending

Harry sent out a v2 of the HDMI 2.1 letter to the board emailing list
ACTIONS: Board to review new draft
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Elections
Elections are now under way, we have around a 52% turnout so far.
ACTIONS: Harry to send out a reminder on monday to get the stragglers
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Mailing list footer changes
As of late, we've been having recurring issues with gmail filtering out emails
we're sending to the mailing list as spam. It turns out that this is because our
mailing lists add on their own footer to emails being sent out, which results in
us breaking DKIM which triggers gmail's spam filters. Board voted to change our
mailing list setups to stop inserting footers into emails, which should
hopefully fix this issue.
ACTIONS: FDO admins to move list footer changes forward

ITEM: Changing default branch name on Gitlab
The domain admins asked us if the board would be interested in
changing the defaults of the gitlab setup in order to change the
default branch name to "main" from "master". The board voted to approve this
change. Note that this won't affect currently existing repos, only the defaults
for new repos. For anyone interested in applying these changes to their repos,
you can find a script for doing so here:

ACTIONS: FDO admins to move default branch name changes forward