Summary of the 11 February 2021 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Manasi Navare, Mark Filion, Keith Packard, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland,

Guests: Trevor Woerner



Agenda: Requesting ledger data (with updates!), XDC2020 invoices status, cloud hosting for, XDC2021, XDC2021 sponsors, XDC2022, HDMI 2.1, elections, GSoC/Outreachy, and domain status

Items discussed

ITEM: Requesting ledger data
Finally some updates! Lyude attended the SPI meeting on February 8th, SPI said
there haven't been updates  since January and that they're going to have someone
else start taking a look at the issue. So hopefully we should be hearing more on
this soon.
ACTIONS: Lyude to poke new person from SPI as needed
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Cloud hosting for
From bentiss's report: The switch to packet was successful, there were some
hiccups in regards to uptime along the way but that should be fixed now. There's
still some work remaining, the last thing bentiss was up to was kicking out the
useless pods on GKE and turning off one VM. This should end up freeing up around
~$1000/month just by switching to a single VM. The next tough part is going to
be migrating gitlab pages to the new cluster, as bentiss does not want to port a
container that uses 50GB of ram just for pages.
The final bit worth mentioning is that unfortunately, bentiss did have to revert
caching of the container registry. They're going to try to figure out another
way of making that work again over the next few weeks.
ACTIONS: Bentiss to keep up the excellent work!
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2020 invoices status
Intel PO is in the system, but not approved yet.
ACTIONS: Manasi to follow up with intel, after which Martin can send the invoice
to Intel and get paid for XDC 2020.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2021 sponsors
Danvet waiting for Intel to confirm their sponsoring or not before hunting more
XDC2021 sponsors
ACTIONS: Danvet to get response from Intel and continue search
STATUS: Pending

Mupuf is still working on the website container deployment (setup the
containers, opening TCP ports, etc), and integrate sponsor box to the website as
well. The plan is to have it in March. Once that's done, we can begin filling it
and and start preparing the CfP.
STATUS: Pending

Samuel hasn't yet had a chance to start sending emails to potential XDC
organizers quite yet.
ACTIONS: Samuel to try sending emails soon, hopefully next week.
STATUS: Pending

Harry Wentland sent out an email with their letter to the HDMI Forum for review,
but gmail seems to have intercepted it and marked as spam for most people on the
board so no one actually saw it. This should hopefully be fixed now.
ACTIONS: Board to review email
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: domain status
No updates
ACTIONS: Lyude and Simon to keep poking SPI
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Elections
The elections committe has come up with a schedule, and Harry has started a new
2021-2022 membership period and sent an email to remind people to renew their
ACTIONS: Harry to start hunting for nominations

ITEM: GSoC/Outreachy
Trevor heard back from one student regarding GSoC, but no mentors yet or
volunteers to help update various projects given the new constraints for GSoC
2021\. Outreachy is looking potentially more interesting nowadays due to having
a much longer work period (12 weeks), and double the stipend. On's side
though, we'll need to have ready-made tasks for applicants. Deadline for this is
on March 1st if we decide we're interested.