Summary of the 14 January 2021 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Keith Packard, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland,


Absent: Manasi Navare, Mark Filion,


Agenda: Requesting ledger data, domain status, cloud hosting for, XDC2022, HDMI 2.1, elections

Items discussed

ITEM: Requesting ledger data
Lyude sent an email to SPI today to see what's going on with this
ACTIONS: Lyude will join their next IRC meeting if we don't hear back
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: domain status
There was some discussion with SPI w/r/t our other domain,
got some questions regarding DNS records from SPI but it would appear that SPI
is stuck waiting on itself.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Cloud hosting for
Thanks to all of the work that Benjamin Tissoires has been doing, we're only a matter of weeks away
from moving our services to Packet in earnest. This _might_ involve a temporary egress spike,
depending on how we end up doing it, but it would be very temporary. After which, our bills will
drop to zero.
STATUS: Pending

Mupuf is working on setting up a freedesktop-hosted Indico instance. If that doesn't work out we can
still fall back to the one hosted on We're also looking for potential candidates for
hosting XDC2022, if anyone knows of any NA-based ones let Samuel know privately.
ACTIONS: Samuel to start sending out messages to potential sponsors.
STATUS: Pending

No update from Harry on this one yet
ACTIONS: Harry to write email
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Elections
Elections are coming up. Currently Lyude Paul, Daniel Vetter are confirmed to be rerunning. Election
committee is mostly filled, just need to find one extra board member to fill the 4th slot. Harry
Wentland will be responsible for kicking this off as the chair of the election committee.