Summary of the 03 December 2020 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Manasi Navare, Mark Filion, Keith Packard, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland,

Guests: Trevor Woerner



Agenda: domain status, XDC2020 invoices status, cloud hosting for, requesting ledger data, HDMI 2.1, changing hosting policy to allow for secretaries to be on the CoC team, issues with abuse reports on Gitlab

Items discussed

ITEM: domain status
No updates yet, Simon poked SPI about this last week
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2020 invoices status
Only ARM, Microsoft, and Intel payments are pending. All other payments have
been received. For ARM manasi has sent the invoice request and just followed up
with SPI to see if they have already sent invoices to ARM and Intel.
ACTIONS: Next Manasi will follow up with each sponsor's contacts on payment
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Cloud hosting for
No updates yet, probably expect some stuff to happen in January.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Requesting ledger data
No updates on this just yet
ACTIONS: Lyude to poke SPI and probably also drop into the next SPI board
STATUS: Pending

No updates yet
ACTIONS: Harry to find the time to write email to HDMI group
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Changing hosting policy to allow for secretaries to be on the CoC team
Since one of the members of our CoC enforcement team will be leaving on December
31st, we need to find new people for the CoC enforcement team. This being said,
Lyude has been interested in doing this since joining the board but hasn't been
able to due to the hosting policy forbidding Secretaries from being on the CoC
team. As well, Lyude already has professional CoC training, has served on the
CoC team for XDC for 2019 (not bound by said rules), and has been doing
moderation of some form in various communities for ages now. Board voted to
approve policy.
ACTIONS: Lyude to push hosting policy update and add self to CoC team list on

ITEM: Issues with abuse reports on Gitlab
We recently discovered an issue with abuse reports on Gitlab where it turns out
that the only people who are able to review such reports are Gitlab admins, and
unfortunately no one on the CoC team is actually a Gitlab admin.
ACTIONS: As a temporary short-term solution, Lyude will be given admin access in
order to relay reports to the rest of the CoC team. For a long term solution,
we're going to discuss with Gitlab about potential solutions for this issue so
that admin access isn't required
STATUS: Pending