Summary of the 22 October 2020 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Manasi Navare, Mark Filion, Keith Packard, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland,

Guests: Trevor Woerner



Agenda: Requesting ledger data, domain status, XDC2019 sponsor invoicing, XDC2020 sponsor invoicing, XDC2021, XDC2020, GSoC, HDMI 2.1

Items discussed

ITEM: Requesting ledger data
Surprise! Progress has finally been made, and SPI is setting up a meeting
between Manasi, Lyude, SPI, and another project who is also interested in
having a feed of ledger data as well.
ACTIONS: Attend meeting
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: domain status
Finally got in contact with tpot, and are now in the process of setting up an
account on Gandi. Once that's done, we can move forward with the technical side
of things
ACTIONS: Make an account on Gandi
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2019 sponsor invoicing
Manasi was finally able to get Intel's payment through, and it should already
be in SPI's account. Hooray
STATUS: Done! Finally!

ITEM: XDC2020 sponsor invoicing
Received some receipts from Intel Poland that need to be accounted for when
invoicing for Intel for XDC2020, need to do some haggling with arm
ACTIONS: Manasi to do some haggling with ARM
STATUS: Pending

No updates
STATUS: Pending

Individual talk videos still need to be uploaded to youtube
ACTIONS: Samuel to poke con organizers
STATUS: Pending

Some big changes to GSoC 2021 - duration down to 10 weeks from 12, 2 evaluations
down from 3 (and the first one is optional), tasks expected to be worth 175
hours of student time (down from 350 hours), and student and org stipends cut in
ACTIONS: Trevor to update ideas page on wiki
STATUS: Pending

In short, the HDMI specification is no longer public. This is potentially a big
issue for a lot of drivers (and definitely is for AMD's drivers) as a lot of
these features are controlled in software by our kernel drivers. This basically
means we can't have an open implementation of HDMI2.1 features. Harry proposed
to send a request from to the HDMI forum outlining the desire and benefits
to publically disclose certain HDMI 2.1 spec information to enable open
graphics/display stacks to implement support for them.
ACTIONS: Harry to draft email and send to board for (fast) approval
STATUS: Pending