Summary of the 27 August 2020 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Manasi Navare, Mark Filion, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland,


Absent: Daniel Vetter, Keith Packard, Trevor Woerner (guest),


Agenda: Requiring quorums on free co-marketing opportunities, Gitlab free co-marketing opportunity, domain status, XDC2019 sponsor invoicing, requesting ledger data, XDC2020, XDC2020 sponsors, XDC2021, cloud hosting for, GSoC/EVoC

Items discussed

ITEM: Requiring quorums on free co-marketing opportunities
Unfortunately due to the slow response we had to Gitlab, we actually missed out
on the opportunity to represent at their virtual conference for this year.
While we do still need to vote on these things before approving them and attain
quorum, we need to make sure this happens in a timely manner as otherwise it
doesn't leave a good impression.
ACTIONS: Board decided the best way to ensure this would be to dedicate someone
to marketing so they can respond to requests like this early, and make sure
things get voted on on-time by the rest of the board so we don't lose track of
them. Mark Filion volunteered to do this, so this shouldn't happen again in the

ITEM: Gitlab free co-marketing opportunity
While the board did miss the chance for to be at Gitlab commit, since we
dropped the ball on responding in time the board voted to allow Gitlab to
present at XDC anyway as a show of good faith.
ACTIONS: Mark Filion to update Gitlab on this

ITEM: domain status
No updates on this yet, Lyude has put the SPI board meeting on September 14th on
her calendar.
ACTIONS: Lyude will ask about the domain transfer status at the SPI board
meeting, along with asking what we and SPI can do in order to make sure we
actually can get responses from them for questions in a timely manner.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2019 sponsor invoicing
Intel has still not paid.
ACTIONS: Eric to keep poking Intel
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Requesting ledger data
Lyude dropped the ball on this one due to work getting in the way
ACTIONS: Lyude won't look at any work she has to do until she's sent this
meeting summary to the board ML, along with the request for ledger data to SPI.
STATUS: Pending

All proposed talks have been confirmed, so we now have a schedule and time table
on the XDC2020 website. The call for proposals for demos, workshops and
lightning talks is still open. We also currently have 67 registered attendees,
and encourage anyone who is attending or speaking to register for the conference
so we have a rough estimation of online attendees.

As well, the decision for the final setup is to use jitsi (for speakers),
Youtube (for attendees), and IRC (for chit-chat and QA). For anyone in the
audience who is wondering, we did try to default to an open solution for
attending the stream vs. using Youtube, but unfortunately all of the tools we
tried had too many issues.

And finally - we've confirmed that speakers will be able to submit pre-recorded
talks. We should be posting instructions how to do this in the near future to
give speakers enough time before the conference.
ACTIONS: Send out instructions for pre-recorded talks to speakers
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2020 sponsors
Daniel Vetter is on vacation so no sponsor-hunting updates. Payments from the
sponsors we've gotten already seem to be going ok (one is close to paying, one
is waiting for an invoice from SPI, the other has been stalled for a month).
ACTIONS: Anholt to keep poking for sponsors to pay, Daniel to continue hunting
when they're back from vacation
STATUS: Pending

RFP needs to be opened
ACTIONS: Lyude will draft RFP announcement today and run it by the board, then
send it out when it's ready
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Cloud hosting for
Mark will be in charge of keeping track of the status on this, but hasn't had
the chance yet to sync up with fdo admins.
ACTIONS: Mark to sync up with sysadmins on what's going on, and come to the
board with an update afterwards
STATUS: Pending

Trevor was absent, so no updates.
STATUS: Pending