Summary of the 13 August 2020 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Lyude Paul, Mark Filion, Keith Packard, Eric Anholt,

Guests: Trevor Woerner

Absent: Manasi Navare, Harry Wentland, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez,


Agenda: domain status, XDC2020 sponsors, requesting ledger data, GSoC/EVoC, XDC2019 sponsor invoicing, XDC2020, XDC2021, cloud hosting for, self hosting Indico website, XDC and GitLab commit opportunities

Items discussed

ITEM: domain status
No update yet from SPI, poked one of the SPI folks handling this directly on
IRC and sent another email out to the board.
ACTIONS: Lyude is just going to barge into the next SPI meeting on IRC and go
from there
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2020 sponsors
Daniel Vetter got one additional silver sponsor onboard, and has multiple
others who they think they should be able to convince
ACTIONS: Daniel to keep poking sponsors
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Requesting ledger data
Lyude got sidetracked and forgot to send an email to SPI about this
ACTIONS: Lyude will get to sending email ASAP
STATUS: Pending

Our student is doing well, and the next deadline is August 24th when final
evaluations start.
ACTIONS: Trevor to keep helping out with GSoC
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2019 sponsor invoicing
No response from Intel yet since they received the invoice, but it sounds like
the timeline we should expect at this point is around 60 days.
ACTIONS: Eric to wait and poke if needed
STATUS: Pending

The decision was made to use a combination of Jitsi, OBS, and IRC for hosting
the conference virtually.
STATUS: Pending

Board voted to approve motion to open call for venue proposals for where to host
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Cloud hosting for
Benjamin has been working to help prepare for moving over more services to
Packet, we also found another potential hosting sponsor.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Self hosting indico website
Samuel was absent, so we decided to postpone this item till next meeting.
ACTIONS: Board will discuss at next meeting
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC and GitLab Commit Opportunities
Samuel wanted to look over the proposal for this in more detail, so postponed
until next meeting.
ACTIONS: Board will discuss at next meeting
STATUS: Pending