Summary of the 30 July 2020 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Note: a couple of folks had to leave the meeting early, so we didn't have full quorom for some of the votes

Present: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland,

Guests: Trevor Woerner

Absent: Manasi Navare, Mark Filion, Keith Packard,


Agenda: domain status, XDC2020 sponsors, GSoC/EVoC, XDC2020, cloud hosting for, XDC2019 sponsor invoicing, requesting ledger data from SPI, and Gitlab Commit, self-hosting Indico website

Items discussed

ITEM: domain status
Lyude sent an email to the SPI board yesterday, no response.
ACTIONS: Lyude is going to start poking harder, and probably start poking other
SPI board members.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2020 sponsors
Eric has successfully invoiced some sponsors, Danvet has attempted some pokes
for potential sponsors.
ACTIONS: Danvet to keep poking sponsors
STATUS: Pending

We are in the second evaluations phase. All evaluations are complete, our
student is doing very well. Starting next week we enter the 3rd (and last) work
period which finishes at the end of august. Also, one of our past students will
be giving a talk at XDC
ACTIONS: Trevor to keep working w/ GSoC
STATUS: Pending

We have filled all slots of the schedule, and we're currently awaiting for talk
confirmations from some of the speakers. We're also discussing with organizers
about how the platform should look like. CFP is still open just in case some
folks cannot give their respective talk at the end. And, we'd also like to
encourage people to submit workshops, demo proposals, and lightning talks.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Cloud hosting for
We managed to get a sponsor to offer to provide machines for us, hooray! That
should fix the host bleeding.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2019 sponsor invoicing
SPI finally managed to post their invoice to Intel, so hopefully they're almost
done paying finally.
ACTIONS: Wait and be hopeful
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Requesting Ledger Data from SPI
Board has decided we really want a ledger data feed to keep track of what's
going on with finances, and are willing to help out with costs where we can.
ACTIONS: Lyude to send another formal inquiry to SPI to ask about this again
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC and GitLab Commit Activities
Gitlab asked if we would be interested in having someone attend their free
conference and vice-versa.
ACTIONS: Samuel to review the proposal, tabled till next meeting
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Self hosting Indico website
This came up because Lyude noticed that there's meta html tags on the XDC2020
website that make it so applications like Telegram think XDC2020 is in fact, LPC
2019 in disguise. We'd need to self host our Indico website to fix this, and
doing so would also make keeping the website up to date much easier.
Additionally, we'll need to find some more sysadmin volunteers.
ACTIONS: Voting on this tabled till next meeting
STATUS: Pending