Summary of the 16 July 2020 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Manasi Navare, Mark Filion, Keith Packard, Harry Wentland,

Guests: Trevor Woerner Daniel Stone,

Absent: Eric Anholt,


Agenda: domain status, XDC2020 sponsors, GSoC/EVoC, XDC2020, Cloud hosting for, XDC2019 sponsor invoicing, XDC2021

Items discussed

ITEM: domain status
No updates from SPI yet
ACTIONS: Lyude will try filing another ticket with SPI
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2020 sponsors
Daniel Vetter was able to send out some more sponsor emails, and some sponsors
who previously said no said yes. We also managed to get some invoices paid ahead
of time.
STATUS: Pending Done

Trevor sent out emails to recent GSoC students looking to see if they'd submit
talks for XDC2020. We've gotten one proposal so far.
As well, Trevor crunched some numbers and got some nice stats:
42 successful GSoC students
~43% (depends on parameters) contribute at least once after GSoC is over
STATUS: Pending

At the moment we have 6 full-slot talks, 8 half-slot, 2 lightning talks, 0 demos
and 0 workshops. CfP deadline is this Sunday.
ACTIONS: Board motions to extend CfP until two weeks before the conference, or
until we fill all the slots (whichever happens first)
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Cloud hosting for
No updates
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2020 sponsor invoicing
Eric was absent, so no updates
STATUS: Pending

Ran out of time to have a full discussion, so voting was pushed off until next
ACTIONS: Board will vote on location at next meeting
STATUS: Pending