Summary of the 18 June 2020 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Manasi Navare, Mark Filion, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland,

Guests: Trevor Woerner Daniel Stone

Absent: Keith Packard,


Agenda: XDC2019 sponsor invoicing, XDC2020 sponsors, domain status, cloud hosting for, GSoC/EVoC, XDC2020

Items discussed

ITEM: XDC2019 sponsor invoicing
No update from Intel yet
ACTIONS: Manasi has sent another nag email to Intel
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2020 sponsors
No updates
ACTIONS: Daniel to keep poking XDC2020 sponsors
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: domain status
No updates from Lyude, as she hasn't had a chance to follow up with SPI yet
ACTIONS: Lyude to follow up with SPI
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Cloud hosting for
Update was long, so Daniel's going to send out the full thing via email.
Main highlights are; baseline usage is looking good but git repo usage started
spiking due to issues with git v2. Benjamin has been working on getting a base
setup for the CI git-cache going on Packet.
ACTIONS: FDO admins to keep working on improving cloud hosting costs
STATUS: Pending

Our current mentor and student are both doing quite well. We're still in the
first coding sprint, and evaluations start June 29th.
STATUS: Pending

So far some people have registered and are open to the idea of a virtual
conference. We've mentioned on the XDC website that we will decide if we keep
the conference as it is now, we postpone it or go virtual before the CFP ends.
ACTIONS: Samuel to talk with con organizers more
STATUS: Pending