Summary of the 21 May 2020 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Lyude Paul, Keith Packard, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland,

Guests: Trevor Woerner

Absent: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez (provided XDC2020 update), Daniel Stone (provided cloud update), Manasi Navare, Mark Filion,


Agenda: XDC2019 sponsor invoicing, domain status, cloud hosting for, GSoC/EVoC, XDC2020

Items discussed

ITEM: XDC2019 sponsor invoicing
No updates yet
ACTIONS: Eric to keep poking Intel
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: domain status
Lyude poked SPI last week, still haven't gotten a response
ACTIONS: Lyude to check ticket status (SPIs responses to tickets we've opened
have sometimes not made it through to email in the past for some reason, so that
may be what's happening here) and poke SPI through IRC
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Cloud hosting for
CI usage is very stable and overall declining on the usage trend, and we're
working with GitLab as well to pursue some helpful upstream improvements.
Benjamin Tissoires has continued some really heroid work to give us a path to
having easier and more modular deployments, but most of the work last month went
to doing a major PostgreSQL migration.
ACTIONS: admins to continue improving costs and stability overall
STATUS: Pending

We're still in the community bonding phase, coding officially starts June 1st.
Students is doing well, writing blogs, responding/participating, and submitting
patches for the tools they'll be using. They've also been added to planet.fdo.
ACTIONS: Eric to inform SPI we're going to be part of the GSoC this year, so
they can handle payments.
STATUS: Pending

Website  is now online, registration and CfP open. New twitter account: .
STATUS: Pending