Summary of the 23 April 2020 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Don't forget to vote in the board of directors election, time is running out! You can vote [[here|]].


Present: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Bryce Harrington, Keith Packard, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland,

Guests: Trevor Woerner

Absent: Manasi Navare,


Agenda: Requesting ledger data from SPI, XDC2019 sponsor invoicing, domain status, elections, cloud hosting for, XDC2020 website, XDC2020 sponsors, Google Season of Docs

Items discussed

ITEM: Requesting ledger data from SPI
Finally got a response from SPI:

  At the SPI board meeting in November there were other dependencies that
  needed to be worked on first, those being:
  0. Improve SPI infrastructure:  We are currently finalizing legal details to
     hire a contractor to work on that.
  1. Decide on the move from ledger to beancount: It was decided that beancount
     was a better tool for SPI purposes, so we have been moving to beancount.

  Since Martin has done very good progress on the move from ledger to
  beancount, SPI board might need to re-evaluate priorities soon, and we are a
  step closer to provide what you are asking for but it might still take some
  more time.


ITEM: XDC2019 sponsor invoicing
ARM thought they paid but no money has been received yet, no word from Intel yet.
ACTIONS: Eric to keep poking ARM/Intel
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: domain status
Still no update from SPI
ACTIONS: Keith to keep poking, Lyude to try secretary poke again
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Elections
60% odd turnout so far, reminders sent out to folks who haven't voted yet.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Cloud hosting for
Benjamin Tissoires has been super busy getting traffic data for nginx and
setting that all up, so we now track compute engine network egress, and is
working with Daniel Stone to upgrade infra for this where needed. The work from
projects has been paying off, and network egress overall is on a good downward
trend (not stopped yet). Costs prediction for April is less then half of what it
was in January. More work for optimizing this further is still underway.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2020 website
The organizers now have edition rights to the website and the XDC twitter
account login details. They should start updating the content at both places at
some point.

ITEM: XDC2020 sponsors
No updates for the moment
ACTIONS: Danvet to keep poking potential sponsors
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Google Season of Docs
Trevor suggested making one of our possible projects for GSoD be to convert as
much documentation on projects as possible over to Sphinx.
ACTIONS: Trevor to send an email to relevant mailing lists to try to get a
better idea of the scope for this project.
STATUS: Pending