Summary of the 26 March 2020 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Manasi Navare, Bryce Harrington, Keith Packard, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland,

Guests: Trevor Woerner, Daniel Stone



Agenda: VESA status, requesting ledger data from SPI, XDC2019 sponsor invoicing, domain status, elections, XDC2020 sponsors, cloud hosting, GSoC/EVoC

Reminders for folks tuning in via minutes!

Don't forget to renew your membership, as elections are coming up and membership will be temporarily frozen after we start publishing candidates.

Items discussed

ITEM: VESA status
Members should have gotten a DisplayPort 2.0 spec, and DP errata!

ITEM: Requesting ledger data from SPI
No update yet, might take a while with COVID stuff happening
ACTIONS: Lyude to poke SPI
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2019 sponsor invoicing
No updates yet :\
ACTIONS: Daniel and other relevant folks to keep poking
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: domain status
Still no updates from SPI
ACTIONS: Keith to keep poking SPI
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Elections
We've received enough nominations that we should be able to start the elections
on-time, hooray!
ACTIONS: Proceed with elections as-planned
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2020 sponsors
DISCLAIMER: Nothing scary has happened yet, no changes to the plans for XDC 2020
have been made. This is just so we have a cancellation policy for sponsors if
something COVID related were to cause problems in the upcoming months.
Daniel added a section on cancellations to our sponsorship levels. Board voted
to approve statement.
ACTIONS: Daniel to keep haggling sponsors
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Cloud hosting for
Good news - we've poked potential sponsors and are in discussion
with them. As well, thanks to our volunteer admin Benjamin Tissoires we now have
logging for CI. Additionally, we've managed to dramatically decrease our
resource usage for many of our largest projects and our CI registry usage is
almost as low as we can take it. Some resource hogs still need to be addressed,
but we're working on doing so.
ACTIONS: Benjamin and other admins to continue working on
decreasing our CI costs, Daniel and others to keep poking sponsors.
STATUS: Pending

We have three proposals for mentors to review, and the final proposal deadline
is March 31st. Google is tweaking some of the timeline due to the COVID
pandemic, mentors get an extra week for review. Also, we're looking into
Google's other program "Season of Docs"
ACTIONS: Mentors to review proposals
STATUS: Pending