Summary of the 12 March 2020 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Lyude Paul, Manasi Navare, Bryce Harrington, Keith Packard, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland,

Guests: Trevor Woerner

Absent: Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez (but they did leave an update on the XDC2020 website)


Agenda: VESA status, XDC2019 sponsor invoicing, sponsored travel receipts for XDC2019, domain transfer status, requesting ledger data from SPI, elections, cloud hosting for, GSoC/EVoC, COVID-19, XDC2020 sponsors, using Gitlab to track issues, XDC2020 website update

Items discussed

ITEM: VESA status
Sean Paul helped Lyude figure out why all of her emails to VESA were getting
picked up by spam, and we managed to get in contact with them finally!
Members who signed up can expect to see DP 2.0 in their mailboxes soon :), and
hopefully we can get more specs in the future.
ACTIONS: Lyude to continue talking with
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2019 sponsor invoicing
ARM re-blocked, Intel still suck
ACTIONS: Anholt to keep poking ARM + Intel
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Sponsored travel receipts for XDC2019
All receipts have been reimbursed and closed as of last week

ITEM: domain transfer status
No updates yet
ACTIONS: Keith to keep poking SPI about this
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Requesting ledger data from SPI
No updates yet
ACTIONS: Lyude to poke SPI again
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Elections
We're in the nominations period of elections, and membership can now be renewed.
We still need a few more nominations from people in order to keep up with the
election schedule.
ACTIONS: Play the waiting game, and extend things if we need more time for
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Cloud hosting for
We're in talks with a few more potential sponsors, and have had some volunteer
admins step up (thanks yall!).
ACTIONS: Board to keep up with sponsor discussions
STATUS: Pending

We're now in the gathering mentors stage, we currently have 4 (possibly 5)
mentors and 2 admins. Also have a few students who seem interested. Starting on
March 16th we'll be in the "student application period".
STATUS: Pending

Board discussed what would happen if XDC2019 were impacted by COVID-19 in
DISCLAIMER: Nothing scary has happened yet, no changes to the plans for XDC 2020
have been made. This was a discussion just to make sure we're prepared if
something changes in the upcoming months.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2020 sponsors
Danvet kicked up a pile of mails and contacts.
ACTIONS: Danvet to follow up again with sponsors
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Using Gitlab to track issues
A formal fd.o vote on Gitlab got forgotten last summer by mistake, so the board
would like to start tracking official org issues on Gitlab to prevent things
like that from happening again in the future. Board votes to approve.

ITEM: XDC2020 website update
Samuel asked Jonathan Corbet to create the Indico website for the conference.
Gave organizers the XDC twitter details.
STATUS: Pending