Summary of the 30 January 2020 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Manasi Navare, Bryce Harrington, Keith Packard, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland,

Guests: Trevor Woerner



Agenda: VESA status, requesting ledger data from SPI, domain status, elections, cloud hosting for, GSoC/EVoC, "LGBT-free" zones in Poland, XDC2019 sponsor invoicing, XDC2020 sponsors, sponsored travel receipts from XDC2019

Items discussed

ITEM: VESA status
Apparently the VESA board didn't receive my previous emails with the list of
members. Sent them the list again.
ACTIONS: Lyude will poke them again sometime today to make sure they actually
got the list of interested members this time.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Requesting ledger data from SPI
Got a response from SPI, they don't have the answer yet but are currently
looking into it
ACTIONS: Wait for SPI to respond
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: domain status
Lyude meant to do this, but got caught up with work this week and last.
ACTIONS: Lyude will try to poke SPI about this again this week.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Elections
Daniel Vetter still waiting on mupuf to push instructions for election onto wiki
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Cloud hosting for
Due to the estimated long term costs of hosting the Gitlab instance and CI
instance, we need to figure out another sponsor to help cover the said costs.
ACTIONS: Harry Wentland to touch base with Daniel Stone to see if Google might
be willing to sponsor, and send general overview of costs to Daniel.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: GSoC/EVoC will participate in GSoC for this year, Trevor Woerner and Manasi Navare
will help admin. Additionally, a student from GSoC from the previous year is
interested in participating in EVoC this year. Board votes to approve potential
EVoC candidate.
ACTIONS: Trevor to figure out if student is maybe eligible for GSoC and if they
would be interested in that, along with registering as an organization for
GSoC this year by Feb 5th
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: "LGBT-free" zones in Poland is continuing to evaluate the potential risks of hosting XDC in Gdańsk
this year. As well, we are continuing to consider alternative venues as a
backup and already have one that would be willing to host us.
Additionally, has decided not to make a public statement on this until we
have a solid plan for how we're going to handle this.
ACTIONS: Samuel to talk to activist group recommended by Venue organizers to
build a better idea of the risks involved, talk to other potential alternative
venues, and poke our venue organizers again. Lyude will also look at the
possibility of hosting Boston, just so we have a backup plan in case other
venues fall through.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2019 sponsor invoicing
Intel and ARM are still stuck and haven't paid invoices.
ACTIONS: Eric to continue poking Intel and ARM, Lyude to attempt using her
secretary poke.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2020 sponsors
Daniel hasn't had a chance to poke potential sponsors yet
ACTIONS: Daniel to poke potential sponsors
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Sponsored travel receipts for XDC2019
Student whose expenses were discussed last week responded and offered to
recalculate their expenses to cover days of conf + one day on either side. Board
votes to approve it.
ACTIONS: Eric to respond to student, continue poking other students for
STATUS: Pending