Summary of the 26 September 2019 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Manasi Navare, Bryce Harrington, Keith Packard, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland,

Guests: Mark Filion



Agenda: gsoc/evoc, xdc19 sponsors, coc training, vesa, domains, breakfast&coffe breaks, evening event, update

xdc19 newly with catered breakfast, as an experiment!

Items discussed

ITEM: xdc19 budget items
Two evening events planned. Oct 1 pre-conf meet-up, sponsored by collabora. Oct
2 get-together at a nice place but on attendees. Board approves 1k CAD for
"first round".
Next item: Coffee breaks and breakfast. Breakfast would be a first for XDC (at
least for the past few years), some discussions on the merits of sponsoring
that. Side discussion about making sure registration is open on Tue evening
event already. Board approves the idea of trying out sponsored breakfast as an
experiment for this year (and then gather feedback from attendees after XDC).
Board also approves 10.5k usd for breaks&breakfast catering.
ACTIONS: Samuel to update with Tue evening registration recommendation

ITEM: xdc budget approval process
Clarification that the board approves xdc budget and substantial changes,
proposal from Daniel on board@
ACTIONS: Daniel pushes the patch

ITEM: gsoc/evoc
No updates
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: xdc19 sponsors
Still two pending thanks to peculiar invoicing processes.
ACTIONS: Eric stays on top of the paperwork.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: coc training
Requested spi to book the 4th slot for Keith. Next actions on this after xdc.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: vesa
No updates
ACTIONS: Lyude needs to reply to mails from vesa with concerns.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: domains
Consideration to move domains to SPI, currently waiting for feedback from SPI.
STATUS: Pending