Summary of the 18 July 2019 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Eric Anholt, Bryce Harrington,

Guests: Trevor Woerner


Manasi Navare, Keith Packard, Harry Wentland,


Agenda: gsoc/evoc, travel request, fd.o CC nomination, xdc cfp/sponsors, extended travel policy, xdc20, fd.o admins

GSoC: 2 students on track with their internship!

Board approves Manasi Navare as new member of the fd.o CoC team

XDC 19 CFP accept/reject mails should go out next week as planned.

Items discussed

Unfortunately one student failed first evaluation on 24th June. Other 2 students
on track. Waypipe project making quite some waves on phoronix and reddit! 22nd
July next evaluation.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: travel requests
5 more requests. In total 12 travel requests for xdc19, totalling 16k USD. Board
approves this final batch of requests.
ACTIONS: Eric handle all the reimbursement after XDC.

ITEM: fd.o CoC nominates Manasi Navare
Board approves.

ITEM: XDC cfp/sponsors
Paper committee going through all proposal, great submissions, accept/reject
mails should go as planned next week.
3 more sponsors for XDC19 since last meeting 4 weeks ago. starting to look good.
ACTIONS: Samuel keeps on top of everything.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: xdc20
2 proposals, unfortunately one might be withdrawn. Aside from this, both
proposals look good and all questions from board are answered. Also want more
solid quorum for this decisions.
ACTIONS: Samuel to prep a mail with both proposals summarized for next meeting.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: fd.o admins
Rough consensus to improve fd.o admin situation with more paid (part-) time.
"Just" need to figure out how, will take time.
STATUS: Pending