Summary of the 20 June 2019 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Manasi Navare, Bryce Harrington, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland,

Guests: Trevor Woerner


Keith Packard,


Agenda: gsoc/evoc, travel request, credentials, fd.o merger, xdc cfp/sponsors, extended travel policy, xdc20

Gsoc first evaluation on 24th June.

fd.o/ merger formally approved in the SPI board meeting of 10th June!

XDC CfP closing sooooon(ish) on 7th Jul!

Board started looking at XDC20 proposals.

Items discussed

ITEM: gsoc
2 students on track, one seems to have disappeared, will be expelled if they
don't return by 28th. Still waiting for receipts for hw reimbursement for one
ACTIONS: Trevor keeps track
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: evoc
Manasi not yet fully ramped up. Also need to update
ACTIONS: Manasi to get ramped up fully and update Duties wiki page.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: credentials
Switched everything to git crypt, thanks Harry!

ITEM: fd.o merger
Formally approved by SPI. Need to formally approve status quo now to take over
governance of fd.o. Long-term might also need new CoC committee members.
ACTIONS: Daniel to collect list of all fd.o policies, admins, ... to approve.
ACTIONS: Lyude to ping Sage again.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: travel request
One new travel request, board agrees that it needs to be revised before it can
be approved.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: xdc sponsors/cfp/whatever, extended travel sponsor policy
One new travel request, board agrees that it needs to be revised before it can
be approved. Harry/Manasi/Samuel tentatively volunteering for paper committee
duties. Mark from Collabora looking for volunteers from their side.
ACTIONS: Manasi to look into crafting some good PR for new travel policy
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: xdc20
First xdc20 proposal showed up on board@
ACTIONS: Everyone to read it and ask questions.
ACTIONS: Samuel to ask about overall budget refinment with xdc18 actual costs as
STATUS: Pending