Summary of the 11 April 2019 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Martin Peres, Bryce Harrington, Keith Packard, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland,

Absent: Daniel Vetter, Rob Clark, Taylor Campbell,


Agenda: elections, gsoc, treasurer report, xdc sponsors, (extended) travel policy

Items discussed

ITEM: elections
The ballot for the bylaws changes passed with quorum, with results
53 yes/2 abstain/1 no.

The candidate votes failed to be recorded correctly by the election
software, resulting in an invalid election.  A fix for the flaw is
implemented; we will run a live beta test to be sure, then arrange to
re-run the election in a few weeks.
ACTIONS: hwentlan to announce results of the bylaws ballot.
ACTIONS: hwentlan to announce invalid candidate election, and plan going forward.
ACTIONS: mupuf to deply fix and run a test (mock) election to verify fix.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: gsoc
Application period over; 3 proposals.  Slot requests due 4/22.
ACTIONS: Trevor to determine number of slots to request by 4/22.
ACTIONS: Trevor volunteered to make sure past gsoc/outreachy interns get invited
to xdc19.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: treasurer report
Past SPI data has been spartan but they're giving monthly reports now.
Still need to match up our data with SPI's and generate our own summary.
ACTIONS: Eric is working on the report.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: xdc sponsors
Sponsoring drive started for real, initial feedback looking good.
ACTIONS: Daniel keeping poking potential sponsors
ACTIONS: Eric to start invoicing
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: extended travel policy
Plan to announce that change with big fanfares once xdc19 sponsor situation is
clear (to gauge whether xdc18 was an outlier or not, and how much money is
really available). Also concerns about publishing beneficiries. Plus time ran
out, will continue discussion next meeting.
STATUS: Pending