Summary of the 30 August 2018 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Martin Peres, Daniel Vetter, Rob Clark, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland,


Bryce Harrington, Keith Packard, Taylor Campbell,


Agenda: xdc talks, xdc lunch, public liability insurance, per diem travel, sponsors, gsoc, evoc, xdc19, fd.o, server incident

XDC main track fully assembled!

XDC will have sponsored lunch

Board handling security report aftermath.

Items discussed

ITEM: xdc talks
Main track fully assembled, took a lot longer and more work than previous years.
Still need to schedule. Workshop proposals trickling in.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: xdc lunch
Organizers came back and said the offsite place is too far away and will take
too much time. On-site options fairly limited and of low quality, except when we
sponsor. Board agrees to sponsor improved lunch
ACTIONS: Daniel types mails
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: public liability insurance for XDC
One prospective sponsor requires this. Seems like a good idea in general, so
added to the RFP page for next year (, and
coverage approved for this year.
ACTIONS: Daniel types more mails
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: per diem meal reimbursement
Bryce checked with SPI for meal reimbursement, per diem is what they want.
Relevant links for maximum allowed added to Board approves
the per diem meal sponsoring request of one gsoc.
ACTIONS: Daniel writes even more mails
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: server incident
A security researcher walked into our member server. Code patched. Other
(well-maintained) open source options seem lacking, but could at least reduce
the amount of information we collect about our members. Best option seems to
delete accounts that have been in inactive state for a while.
ACTIONS: Eric volunteered to add an expiry page for inactive accounts.
STATUS: Pending