Date is 2011-05-12, times are UTC+02.

Due to anti-spaming policies, the word insur*ance had to be crippled.

23:01 <+mherrb> hi
23:01 <+emmes> hey all
23:01 <+alanc> good afternoon/evening
23:02 <stukreit1> hi
23:06 <agd5f> hello
23:06 <+alanc> so do we have 501(c)3 news?
23:07 <agd5f> alanc: it's in teh IRC hands now
23:07 <agd5f> IRS even
23:07 <stukreit1> one detail: I just wrote  a $850 check to reimburse SFLC for the filing fee
23:08 <+alanc> sounds like a good thing to have done
23:08 <+alanc> do we need to formally vote on it for the record?
23:08 <stukreit1> and Justin (our rep at sflc) insists that we get it together with the conflict of interest and other policy statements
23:09 <agd5f> yeah.  we should get that going
23:09 <stukreit1> I don't think there's anything to vote on. Its a neccessary part of the 1023
23:09 <+alanc> Bart had some bylaw updates to propose as well, but isn't here yet
23:09 <stukreit1> I'll get a bit of boilerplate from Justin.  He's here to help
23:10 <+alanc> (are keithp & anholt actually around btw? I know keith was here earlier and have seen everyone else talk since 2pm)
23:10 <+anholt> here
23:11 <+alanc> so if we're done with that, XDC plans look to be shaping up well
23:11 <stukreit1> Why don't we make it a policy for BoD people to say Hi so that their presences is recorded on these transcripts
23:11 <stukreit1> (or at least ask nicely)
23:12 <+keithp> hi
23:12 <+alanc> $260 for the insur*ance seems reasonable
23:13 <stukreit1> That's for a specific 3 day event
23:13 <+alanc> yes
23:13 <+alanc> do we need a general year round insur*ance plan?
23:14 <+emmes> btw - can anybody explain to me what exactly this insur*ance is all about?
23:14 <+emmes> I'd assume that we typically don't require this in Europe - and thus it's rather unknown to me...
23:14 <+alanc> in the US, if you exist, you are at risk of being sued, and insur*ance helps foot the bills if you are
23:14 <stukreit1> I don't know, but personal liability for $2M is about that much for a year. (e.g. to cover my home construction)
23:15 <stukreit1> I guess I'll call my ins agent to see if its easy to understand. I have to call him anyway because he messed up my car coverages
23:15 <+alanc> presumably it's mainly to cover something like someone tripping over a powercord on the stairs and breaking their legs
23:15 <stukreit1> then twisting the cord around their neck, then falling down the stairs, then...
23:15 <+emmes> understood. I know this type from car insur*ances.
23:18 <+alanc> so is there anything else we need to discuss?
23:18 <+emmes> For XDC: due to the unclear situation regarding travel funding after the attachmate takeover
23:18 <+mherrb> since we only do one physical event per year a specific insur*ance for those events is probably cheaper than an annual global one. 
23:18 <stukreit1> I still haven't done anything about the Intel $15k donation. Need to work on that.
23:19 <stukreit1> I'll make an inquiry.
23:19 <+emmes> I'd like to ask whether the board could in principle agree in travel funding for me, depending on the situation in september...
23:19 <stukreit1> +1 for your travel
23:19 <+mherrb> +1
23:19 <agd5f> +1
23:20 <+alanc> if they will pay, thats preferred, but if not, +1 for us paying
23:21 <+emmes> ok, great. It's just me asking early so I can make travel arrangements while flights are still cheap
23:21  * alanc very much understands the fun and uncertainty of having your employer bought
23:21  * emmes sighs
23:22 <+anholt> +1
23:24 <+alanc> so anything else for today's meeting?
23:24 <+mherrb> we got no serious evoc submissions, right?
23:25 <agd5f> none that I saw
23:25 <+emmes> not exactly
23:26 <+emmes> the sarcast in me wants to say: as soon as they saw that this is actually work...
23:26 <+alanc> there also seemed to be some confused into thinking we'd fund general projects, not just X ones
23:27 <+alanc> the only really serious evoc project proposal I saw was the one marcheu got google to pick up because it was originally submitted to GSoC then lost
23:27 <+emmes> the wording in the blog post was pretty specific, so that cannot be the source.
23:28 <+alanc> yeah, not sure if someone just copied the list and not the info from that to pass around or if people just failed to read
23:29 <+mherrb> google translate can also introduce some mis-understandings
23:29 <marcheu> alanc: some students just think "money" and don't read through things...
23:31 <marcoz> alanc,   saur.... (vikash's friend)  didn't get anything submitted for evoc?
23:31 <+alanc> I've seen at least one of the GSoC students (vikash) very active on #xorg-devel
23:32 <+alanc> I don't remember seeing anything - it might be stuck in the non-subscriber moderation filters if he sent one
23:32 <+alanc> having no firm deadline also allows students to put off actually submitting
23:32 <marcoz> good on vikash; ok on saur... .  do you know if emeric has been active on the dri/mesa list?
23:32 <marcoz> yea, i'm hoping vikash and he are able to work at the same time;  to help keep them motivated
23:33 <marcoz> i won't hog up the channel here.
23:33 <+alanc> I don't know off hand, I personally don't watch the dri/mesa stuff as closely as xorg
23:34 <marcoz> has he been active on the xorg-devel?  he's still got finals so I'm not expecting yet...
23:42 <+alanc> sorry, don't remember off hand - certainly not as memorably vocal as vikash
23:42 <+alanc> so it sounds like we're done for today, since no one has had anything new to bring up for the last 10 minutes
23:42 <+keithp> sounds about right to me
23:43 <+mherrb> agreed
23:43 <+emmes> +1
23:43 <stukreit1> +1
23:44 <agd5f> +1
23:44 <+alanc> thanks all for coming - see you on May 26