add link to schedule e-mail
add input hotplug, optimistically
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
|* Input hotplug support - DanielStone|
We plan on holding X11 roll-up (katamari) releases of the modular tree at regular 6 month intervals. The [http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2005-December/011752.html 7.1 release plan] has final release scheduled for May 2006, so 7.2 should follow around November. A more detailed schedule [http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2006-May/015476.html can be found here].
Below is a list of the features people are working on adding to the X11R7.2 release. Please only add items to this list if you're actually planning on working on them.
Replace XSecurity with hooks for XACE and Xtsol - AlanCoopersmith
Projects completed during Google Summer of Code 2006 - see SummerOfCodeIdeas
Input hotplug support - DanielStone
Below is a list of the features proposed for the X11R7.2 release (many carried over from ChangesForX11R71). These need someone to commit to working on them in order to make X11R7.2.
Support for additional platforms not completed in X11R7.0 and X11R7.1
Make MAXSCREENS run-time configurable [https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3876 bug 3876]
Make MAXFORMATS run-time configurable [https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3769 bug 3769]
Fix PCI domain support [https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3829 bug 3829]
Remove built-in keyboard driver [https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=890 bug 890]
- Replace default mode list with GTF and CVT generator algorithms
command line CVT generator is already sitting at [https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5153 bug 5153]
- Drop xf86 loader mechanism, lift libdl-based loader to DIX layer
- Re-work pScrn so that a single instance of the driver can handle multiple crtcs (maybe longer term R7.2/7.3?)
- Make the Xinerama extension handle more than just X screens on the backend so that "non-standard" multi-head implementations like mergedfb and Windows, OSX, etc. multihead can be handled with the standard Xinerama extension instead of custom imlementations (like the sis and radeon mergedfb's pseudo-xinerama and the darwin X xinerama stuff). (maybe longer term R7.2/7.3?)
- Fix Mesa interface such that libGLcore (or its moral equivalent) can be built from Mesa instead of needing source linking hacks.
Clean up moronic #define damage (XFree86Server, FUNCPROTO, etc.)
- More deprecation: LBX, etc.
Please add other proposed changes to the list above as you think of them.